Friday, July 16, 2010

In the Air...

Hey there! I am beginning this very first blog post from my (somewhat) comfortable window seat upon a British Airways flight to London...
It has been a somewhat stressful and exciting past few weeks as I've slowly but surely gotten myself ready for this trip of a lifetime! It took a few rounds of "do I really need this?" packing decisions, a delayed Visa delivery, a borrowed camera (thanks Billy!), a backpack full of books, one last weekend at Humarock, and many tearful goodbyes but I am at last on my way! As my dad said at the airport cafe we were waiting in this evening "it's been a long time coming, and now it's really here." I am so lucky to have the chance to see and explore the other side of the world in this way and I am excited to share my experiences with all of you! As my plane took off and the lights of the Boston skyline filled the darkness outside of my window, I said goodbye to the people, city, country, and continent that I have loved and belonged to for so long. As the lights began to fade into the distance I realized that there was no going back, that I am in this thing for good, and even though I am absolutely terrified at the prospect of this, I truly am ready to arrive in the newest home I have long been waiting to say hello to.

No comments:

Post a Comment